IT Services (HSF IT)
HSF IT is the information technology support department for the Health Sciences Faculty of the University of Cape Town.
Tasked with both staff & student computing support, HSF IT ensures the smooth operation & integration of information technology in the Health Sciences Faculty.
- IT Support and Networking services to all off site hospitals and clinics.
- Define and enforce IT Policy specifically pertaining to the Faculty.
- Management of the SLA with ICTS in order to provide improved service delivery of ICT services offered.
- Management of all Faculty Computer Labs (Undergrad and Postgrad) in conjunction with EDU IT.
- IT advice and recommendations.
- Facilitate acquisitions services of any IT related hardware or software.
- Technical support for deanery team and events.
Our Walk-In Centre offers the following services:
- Assistance with changing your password.
- Installing anti-virus software.
- Setting up wireless connections (Eduroam) on laptops and mobile devices.
- Setting up printers.
- Troubleshooting and any other basic support requests.
- Onsite support for Head of Departments, Divisions and Units.
- Support for Academic & PASS retired staff.