The University of Cape Town Trust is a UK registered charitable trust which raises funds and support for UCT in the UK and other parts of Europe.
Established in London in 1991 by Vice Chancellor Dr Stuart Saunders, the Trust has raised over £20 million for projects at UCT from Foundations, companies and individuals. The majority of the UCT Trust’s Board of Trustees are eminent UCT alumni.
If you are resident in the UK, you can make a tax effective donation to UCT through the UCT Trust. Please see the UCT Trust website for more details.
The UCT Trust also organises events for UCT alumni based in the UK. Please see the UCT alumni events calendar to find out about upcoming events near you.
To ensure you receive invitations to future events, please send your email address - and those of any other UCT alumni you know in the UK - to Angela Edwards.
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Charon Thomas, Andrew Saunders, Ian Kirkpatrick and Leeanne Simonelli||Shula and Isaac Marks|
|Dr Ian Goldin, The Lord Mayor, Dr Max Price||Nomfundo Mphuthi, Phumelele Morare, Rebecca Ayres|
|Hyam Joffe, Santilal Parbhoo, Mary Robertson and Bill Smith||Marcin Remarczyk and Belinda Hoets|
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo Concert at The Barbican
- UCT Alumni Leadership Forum at the Middle Temple
- A chance to get together to watch South Africa v England rugby match
- Vice-Chancellor's Receptions at South Africa House, Mansion House, and the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich
- Various South African theatre productions in London, Cardiff and Stratford upon Avon - including pre-theatre drinks and a chance to meet the cast
- Albie Sachs book launch in London and Oxford
- A talk by Ms Helen Zille, the Mayor of Cape Town and leader of the DA at the Houses of Parliament in London
- Lectures by UCT Professors at South Africa House in London
- Black Diamonds: a talk by UCT's Prof John Simpson - a joint event with the London based South African Business Club