For any students needing support, counselling or crisis intervention, please access any of the following:
FHS Student Development & Support Office (FHS SDSO)
* Nonkosi.Malala@uct.ac.za or tel: 021 406 6749
UCT Student Care Line
* UCT Care line at 0800 24 25 26 (free from Telkom line) or text 31393 (callback) for 24/7 telephonic counselling
* Higher Health Counselling 0800 36 36 36
* ER24 UCT collaboration 010 205 3010
ICAS On-The-Go App
Student Wellness Service (SWS) ICAS On-The-Go Crisis App, which enables students to receive immediate counselling or reach out to a professional from wherever they are around the country. Students can download the SWS ICAS App to obtain confidential and practical counselling support and advice in 11 languages, 24/7/365. Please note that the code for students is UCT001
For staff need support, counselling or crisis intervention:
- Telephonic toll-free: 080 111 3945
- Or activate please-call-me to: *134*905#
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or ICAS On-the-Go Mobile App, which allows you to chat live with an ICAS counsellor. The app gives you and your family access to a 24/7/365 Employee Wellness Programme and information to address some of your health and wellness needs. Connect to ICAS On-the-Go App via Google play store or Apple iTunes Store. The code for UCT staff is UNI003.