Dates: 21 to 23 August 2023 (Wednesday to Friday)
Venue: UCT Graduate School of Business, Waterfront, Cape Town
Time: 08h30 to 15h30 daily
Course fee is R 5 000 per person
CPD points 18
Global surgery is an emerging and exciting interdisciplinary field of enquiry, research, practice and advocacy.
The course aims to provide participants with foundational knowledge about the unmet need for surgical healthcare globally, so that they can apply a health systems approach to surgery, obstetric and anaesthesia.
The course is hosted by Prof Salome Maswime, Head of Division: Global Surgery.
Who Should Attend?
- Clinicians and students in private and public sectors who work mainly with surgical patients
- Public Health Specialists and Students
- Surgical Scientists and Health System Researchers
- Introduction to Global Surgery
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Disease Burden and Innovative Financing
- A Framework of Global Surgery Interventions
- Introduction to Public Policy
- Global Surgery Ethics
- Introduction to Advocacy
- Global Surgery Project Management and Case Studies
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants upon successful completion of course.
For more information or to register email email@example.com.
Only participants registered for the course will be eligible to attend.