Dates: 12,13 & 14 March 2024
Venue: Microsoft Teams
Time: 08h30 to 16h00
Course fee is R 10 773
This course is aimed at Clinical Coders and Case Managers; those seeking a career in Clinical Coding or Case Management. The course consists of three days of lectures and a 6-week distance learning assignment.
Entry requirements: Completion of Basic Training in ICD-10 Coding or Equivalent Course
Coding rules and conventions pertaining to:
- Multiple/combination coding
- ICD-10 General Coding Guidelines: Minor versus more significant conditions
- Uncertain/query diagnosis
- Post procedural disorders and complications
- HIV and AIDS related conditions
- Neoplasms and neoplasm coding guidelines
- Connective tissue and musculoskeletal
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium
- Neonatal period
- Injuries / poisoning
- External causes of injury
- Use of the South African Morbidity Coding Standards
- Practical applications
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants on successful completion of the course.
For more information or to register email firstname.lastname@example.org. Group bookings of a minimum of 12 participants can be arranged on request.
Only participants registered for the course will be eligible to attend.