Epidemiology & Biostatistics Consultation Service through School of Public Health:
Biostatistical support for researchers and postgraduate students has been an ongoing challenge in the Faculty. In response to ongoing demand the Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics in the School of Public Health & Family Medicine has set up a consulting service. The details on this service are below – please feel free to distribute this within your Departments and Divisions, including to postgraduate students.
To access the service individuals can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics offers an epidemiology and biostatistics consulting service within the Faculty of Health Sciences. The consulting service includes the following activities:
- Advice regarding research design, sample size, questionnaire development and data collection methodologies
- Guidance around data capturing and data management/cleaning
- Analysis and reporting of data and assistance with data interpretation
- Short training courses (on request)
- Postgraduate student research projects (including Honours, research Masters, PhD)
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Research / academic staff
- For coursework masters students, assistance is provided only for dissertations and not for coursework assignments
- A brief scoping consultation (~15 minutes) is provided at no cost prior to formally requesting consulting services.
- Thereafter, the unit operates on a cost recovery basis as consulting staff are soft-funded. A simple contract is signed by the individual requesting support (or the supervisor in the case of postgraduate students) before work commences. All billable work is charged at an hourly rate payable via internal fund transfer within 14 days of the completion of work.
- Supervisors wishing to access services for student postgraduate projects are required to make the initial request to the consulting unit. Supervisors or departments are responsible for paying for consultations for their students, and we do not bill students directly.
- It is strongly recommended that clients contact the consulting unit prior to the start of their project, if possible, because many common problems arising in statistical analysis can be prevented via thoughtful study design/conduct.
- The service is provided subject to the availability of consultants. The consulting unit reserves the right to terminate or refuse service.
To request consulting services, please contact the unit via email: email@example.com
Alternatively, contact for a private consultation:
(Please note that all statistical services are chargeable.)
Michelle Henry – email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel 021 650 1804