The following members were recently acknowledged for their accomplishments:
- Prof Alison September received South African Medical Research Council Mid-Career Award for R5 million over 3 years for international and novel work on genetics of common musculoskeletal soft-tissue injuries.
- Dr. Feyisayo Wayas received the FHS Research Transformation Award project entitled: ”Ripple effect mapping and co- creation of research Output dissemination with citizen scientists”.
- Dr. Sharief Hendricks was awarded the DVC Building Research Active Academic Staff Grant.
- Sleep Science, start-up initiative founded by Dr. Dale Rae, has been registered as a company in January 2023.
- UCT wrote an article about the presidency Sharief’s SASMA presidency