Date: Not Scheduled
Venue: N/A e-learning (2 - 3 hours online contact session per week commitment)
Time: 08h30 to 17h30 daily.
Course fee is R 4 000 per person (including registration, access to online platform, and post course assignment with a mentor)
- Access to a webcam equipped computer with stable internet connection essential
- Limited bursaries available upon request including assistance with mobile internet data.
CPD = 30 Units | Level 1
This short course has been developed to support staff of governmental & non-governmental organisations working at national, provincial and district levels, in the implementation of the national policies targeting young people (aged 10 – 24).
The aim is to build the capacity of those with management responsibilities for the implementation of the policies and programmes, through improved knowledge about adolescence, key health problems affecting young people and priority evidence-based interventions as well as strengthened programming skills.
A Certificate of Completion and CPD points will be issued to participants on successful completion of the course.
Applications open to: Managers from Education, Health and Social Development sectors in South Africa.
• People responsible for managing the national policies/strategies, such as the AYHP, ISHP at national, provincial and district levels.
• Managers who have “adolescents” in their job description, including those working in/responsible for MCWH & N, CYSH, PHC, NHI; mental health, HIV/STI, and NCDs in education, health and social sectors.
• Senior staff responsible for designing training programmes for people implementing adolescent and youth health policies and programmes.
• Researchers and academics with interest in adolescent and youth health and development.
All of the following requirements must be met for your application to be considered.
- Applicants must be residing and working in South Africa
- A degree/diploma from a tertiary institution (a range of disciplines healthcare professionals including nursing, teaching, social work, youth development)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in positions that support policies and programmes for adolescent and youth health
For more information email Adol.ShortCourse@ hiv-research.org.za.
Only participants registered for the course will be eligible to attend. Course fees are subject to change.